Friday, October 5, 2018

Friday Five...HUGE round-up of information


Doing all the things...
Gah...it happened again. Life got crazy and I got quiet. I'm so sorry. I promise I am working so hard to try to stay diligent about my social media presence. I NEED to be around more often. I know that...and I'm working on it. 

In fact, I'm working hard on setting goals that put me in exactly that direction. 

The last two weekends, I have been learning all the things...about how to be more productive, to be more present, to do everything I do better.


Last weekend I attending Romance Author MasterMind in Houston, TX. The weekend before I went through an intense #HB90, a bootcamp by Sarra Cannon, to get my last quarter priorities in order. 

Needless to say, I have ideas and plans buzzing through my mind at one hundred mph...oh, and I have planners everywhere filled with actions that need to happen. So many plans!

So, the long story short here...is that all of my social interactions are going to get bigger and better!

My Newsletter and other social interactions...
It's always been my intention that I would never fill your email with too much. As a result, I've pretty much made it my policy to never send out emails/newsletters unless I'm releasing. 

That's going to change. 
As it gets harder and harder to touch base with my readers through places like Facebook, I've been looking at other ways to interact. My blog and my newsletter are items I can control, so I'm going to be utilizing them more. 

What does this mean?
Right now, this is the plan...

Newsletters:
*Will go out twice a month beyond my new release newsletters. 
(So, as many as three, maybe four, a month.)

Blog posts:
The goal is three a week...
1. My normal Friday Five that goes up on Friday (usually...hehe)
2. My inspiration graphic which goes up on Sunday (usually)
3. Something random...this might be a flashback post with an excerpt or excitement over what I'm currently writing, or something that I'm simply excited about. They're going to be random. (I'm shooting for those to go up Tuesday or Wednesday (usually).)

Other things I'm considering...
*a reader group on Facebook where the latest and firsthand information will come first. But I need to make sure I can handle the time commitment before I set it up for sure.
*And I'm not sure what else, but I'm researching. So, if there's something you would like to see me do, comment here or drop me an email and let me know! snowchris_01@yahoo.com

So, what is happening on the writing front?

Right now, I'm actively writing Found At the Rock Concert
This will be my final 2018 release under just my Christi Snow name. 
This is part of the Found series and is a seriously hawt m/m/m...God, I love these guys.
They're delicious!

But I also have THREE OTHER RELEASES still coming from my partnership with Sarah Nego.
Next week is the final re-release of the Naked Brews series, Bitter.

Then, after that the Bookstore duet are coming in October and November.
Crazy Love - October 24
Tasty Love - November 14

I love these books about two friends who run the local bookstore in Aspenridge, CO...Em-Dash.
Kali owns/runs the bookstore.
Val owns/runs the bakery.

And they are both amazing heroines!!


Okay, I'm pretty excited about this...

My all time favorite movie is You've Got Mail. Well, this week I read a review book that was literally the same story as that movie, but it was a Christmas book!! 

The heroine has a Christmas store in her inherited family lighthouse and a warehouse style Christmas store comes to town, threatening her livelihood and her legacy of this story that's been in her family for 100 years.

It was a combination of my favorite move and Christmas...seriously, it doesn't get much better than that. The book is sweet...NO sexy times. Just pure romance and magic of Christmas type of stuff (I'm going to let my 11 yo read it, so it's seriously innocent.).


A holiday retelling of You've Got Mail that will make you fall in love with the Christmas Season!

Angela Carson wants nothing more than to be the third-generation to run her family’s holiday store, Heart of Christmas, successfully. They’ve weathered over sixty tourist seasons, major hurricanes, and urban sprawl, in their old decommissioned lighthouse. But the national chain that set up shop in their small North Carolina town of Pleasant Sands may be more than Heart of Christmas can survive.

Geoff Paisley has been at his mother’s side running the mega-chain Christmas Galore for the last ten years. When his mother falls ill, Geoff promises to answer the town’s Dear Santa letters in her stead. Soon he realizes the woman he’s been corresponding with on Dear Santa is Angela. How could the woman that grates his every last nerve in person have intrigued him so deeply through those letters?

Encouraged by her niece to ask Santa for help, Angela gives in and lets the words fly in a way that, if Santa were real, would no doubt land her on the naughty list. What’s the harm when it’s just a computer-generated response?

When Geoff reveals that he’s her Dear Santa, will Angela be able to set aside their very public feud to embrace the magic of the holiday and possibly find true love?
 

Reality of computer work 12 hours a day...

When I started writing full time seven years ago, I didn't have a proper desk. In fact for the last 7 years I've written most of my books while standing or sitting at an angle (because there's no place for my knees when I sit) on a piece of furniture that is actually an old kitchen island. About a year and a half ago, that started causing problems with my right elbow and I moved to doing almost all my computer work with my laptop sitting in my lap so I didn't hyperextend my elbow. 

Well, this week that changed. I now have a proper desk, where I can slide a chair up in front of it and everything. Note: when I made the decision to add a proper desk I was working with VERY limited space. So, here is my new writing place....

I know it doesn't look like much, but to me this is a huge change. 
I hope it works. 
#gettingoldsucks

Have a great weekend, everyone!
smiles,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment