Saturday, January 7, 2017

Friday Five...on Saturday

Ack...it's Saturday and I didn't get this up yesterday. 
I promise I wasn't slacking. 
I actually was working...really hard...and the details about that take me into my FIVE for this week.

Doubling up on projects....
So, this is why my Friday Five post is late today.
Right now, I'm working on two projects/day.
I have a goal of writing 2k/day on one project (Found at the Bookstore)
+
I've also been doing final edits on another project (this one's a secret)

I was in the last dash of edits last night which took me until 11 PM.

But I got them done.
And I didn't get this post done.

Sorry.
But after staying up until 1:30 getting some other tasks on my list completed, this is the first thing I'm doing Saturday morning....even before coffee.
Well...during coffee. 
Coffee is most definitely being imbibed. 
I did mention I stayed up until 1:30 am, right?

New Goals/Optimistic Plans
I love this time of the year because there are all kinds of new, positive outlook posts and groups popping up everywhere. I'm a member of several of them and it rocks. I love adding positivity and accountability to my life. It makes goals so much easier to achieve. 


I've been getting my word counts done EARLY in the day which makes working on multiple projects possible. I LOVE that...and in the end you will, too, because that means more books coming out faster.

First release of 2017 will be Found at the Bookstore...and I  think I'll finish the first draft of it this week. Yippee. I love Ryder and Stig so much. *happy sigh*

Joy of Slippers
I don't know where you live, but if you're in the US, it probably got really cold this last week. Ack...I live in Texas where we usually run our air conditioner on Christmas day...seriously...it was in the mid 70's that day. But as I'm writing this today it is 14* outside. 
O.o

So, one of my favorites this week...are my slippers.
I've discovered over the years that if my feet are warm, the rest of me usually is, too. 
But it's not just wearing slippers. 
In fact, I hate wearing slippers by themselves. 
Sweaty feet...nuff said. 
No, there is a method to wearing slippers. 
You have to put on socks first.
That is the secret to having toasty toes.
Socks + Slippers = WARMTH
It's magical.


Favorites of the Week
Favorite planner page...
(You can check out my instagram page here with every day's planner layout)

I just love that sentiment. 
I also played with some new watercolor paints (Prima) on this and they blend amazingly well

Favorite read of the week...
(with my author schedule and the details of #5 happening, it's been a light reading week)
Giving It All by Christi Barth
Naked Men #3...releasing Jan 17th
I've adored this series and Logan, the hero in this book spoke to me. I loved him so much. The series is based upon a group of five guys who survived a horrific event in high school...their bus crashed in the Italian Alps in the middle of winter...leaving them hurt and stranded for 3 days. That trauma shaped them all and bound them together so their friendship is even stronger. But none of them were as affected as Logan by it. He shaped his entire world around that one event. I adored him. 

You can pick up any of the books to read as stand-alones...but the entire series is FANTASTIC!!


My New Airman
This week also brought a few surprises. 
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that our son is home and living with us again while he waited for Air Force boot camp. Last week, he'd gotten official word that he was supposed to report in March 14th. That was cool...it meant we got to spend a couple more months with us. 

Well...after 21 years with the military we should know not to plan on anything like that. 

Late Wednesday afternoon, he got the paperwork that says he's to report in Monday
Like in 2 days from now!?! 
Eeps. 
Ultimately, this is a good thing. The job he's getting is amazing and I'm so excited for him.
But, but, but...
My little boy (who is 21) is going to boot camp.
*my heart*

Let me explain something.
I'm not that mom. My kids go to kindergarten. Yes! Now I have free time during the day and they need the social outlet. Even when he left for college, it was okay. It was just 3 hours away and my college years were some of the best times in my life. He'd love it. Besides...he was only 3 hours away and I knew I'd still be involved with his life (hey, I was paying the bills...he'd have to still call and see me). 

But this is different.
(and dammit, I think I even would have been okay if I hadn't gone to see Rogue One...the trailer for Dunkirk killed me!! Like left me a soppy mess...the trailer! My baby is about to become a soldier)

I know, I know.
I spent 20 years as a spouse to an Air Force guy. I know the world. I know the lifestyle. I know...but right now, it's all so real. For the first time, I'm sending my kid off to someplace where I have 0 control. It's going to be hard for him. I know that. But this is the beginning of his life away from me. From here on out, his loyalty is to the Air Force and the odds are he will never live in my house again.

So, yeah...
I'm excited for him.
But I'm a bit of a sappy, teary mess.
Because I'm going to miss my kid. 
Even though I'm so proud of the man he's becoming.
*sniffle*

So, a day late, but that is this week's Friday Five.
smiles, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment