Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Five for Jan 13...

ooh, I just titled this post and realized this is going up on Friday the 13th. 
I missed that we had one of those coming.
bum-bum-bum

(and no, I'm not really superstitious...LOL)

So onto the Friday Five...

The art of letter writing...

This is one of those things that I love just for the nostalgia and thoughtfulness that it takes, although I'll admit, I'm the world's worst about actually doing it. 

But with the man-child at Basic Training for the Air Force, I am getting in touch with my letter-writing side again. They aren't allowed any other real communication, but they can receive letters.
But it's hard to do. 

I may be a writer, but I am not a talker. 
I abhor talking on the phone. 
Texting was made for people like me...say what I need to say and that's it. 
But how much are we losing by this quick communication? 

It's interesting... I am more thoughtful about him throughout the day now...looking for little tidbits to put into a letter about what's happening in our world. As a result, he's on my mind even more than he usually is. I kind of like that.

So, tell me...do you ever write letters? Personally I think I need to make more of a conscientious effort toward doing it.

(a new resolution)

Story Descriptions...
Happy sigh. 
I love writing story blurbs. 
So many authors don't enjoy it, but that is not me. 
I LOVE WRITING THEM!!

In the past two days I've written FOUR of them.
 (you know what that means? There's fun stuff coming!!)

So, because I suck at keeping things secret...how about I share one? 

Do you want to read the story blurb (back cover copy) for...
Found at the Bookstore?

okay, okay...only because you twisted my arm...hehe

Here it is...(and it may still get edited a bit more before release):

Found at the Bookstore Story Description

After suffering a traumatic brain injury the final football game his senior year in high school, Ryder Garrett’s life was never normal again. Most days he’s happy when he can remember the way home. There’s no room in his life for romance or love, which means he’s destined to die a virgin.

Stig Minton doesn’t remember what virginity felt like. Twelve years older than Ryder, he’s been around the block too many times to count and has the scars to prove it...both physically and mentally.

But as these two men come together to help with a wedding, they forge a friendship, a friendship they both desperately need. As their relationship evolves, feelings go deeper. But is it stupid to risk this new—and, yes necessary—bond in pursuit of something that’s doomed to fail?

They both think they’re too broken to make this work. But what if they’re wrong?

Two broken souls may just be able to find reparation in one another.

Book #2 in the Found Series.

Thoughts?
It's coming soon...probably early March. 

Favorites of the week!

Favorite book...
Worth the Wait 
by Claudia Connor

You can see all of my A++ rated review HERE.

Favorite Planner page...
This is the page I did the day Jacob left for Basic Training. 
I just love all the red and blue hearts and the effect the watercolor shading gave on the page.
The stamps are all from Unity Stamp co.
You can see my other pages on my IG page.


Good friends

I have a special friend who gets me.
She gave me this bracelet yesterday and I'm totally in love with it. 
 (if you can't read it, it says...Wake Up, Kick Ass, Repeat)
Love, love, love!!

Thank you, B!


And finally...the last in our countdown. 
One of the things I want to do this year is share authors with you that you may not know about. 
This first author I'm sharing is a brand new author.
Kind-of. 
hehe.
This is actually a couple of well-known authors who have come together and are releasing their first book under their new joint penname...

I'll admit I haven't read this book yet, but I'm dying to. 
It looks like so much fun. 
I can't wait for it to come out.
It releases Feb 1st...
Story Synopsis:
Who knew sleeping with the enemy could be this fun
Was the one night stand a good idea? Well, no. Probably not in retrospect.
In my defense I had just moved back into my grandparent’s house, I’d lost my dream job, and a guy on Tinder had stood me up. It was like life had suddenly stamped ‘LOSER’ on my forehead.
So when the guy behind the bar started giving me THE look…you know, the one that promised I’d be screaming his name into the wee hours of the morning? When that guy also has the perfect amount of scruff on his chiseled chin, biceps bulging out of his t-shirt, and a cocky grin you knew he’d earned in the sack…when he gives you that look, you don’t bother to figure out what your six degrees of separation are. You jump on that horse and ride it!
Pun fully and completely intended. And accurate by the way.
I fully admit to feeling sorry for myself and acting impulsively, but by the time I’d figured out WHO the bartender was, I was already falling for him.

You can add it to your goodreads list HERE.

Okay, all. That's it from me this week. I hope you're having a good one. 
smiles,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment