Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Five for Jan 27...



My airman...

I got my first letter from my kid who's at Air Force basic training. It's been three and a half weeks since he left so it was so good for this momma's heart to hear from him.



Found at the Bookstore
The first draft of this book is so, so, so close to being done. I actually stopped writing yesterday and re-read it before I headed into the final scenes to make sure the story was still on track. And good news...I think it's really good. I'm super stoked now to get it done. 

But I'm juggling it with what feels like a million and one other projects right now. Ack...there are not enough hours in the day.

Ryder and Stig...
happy sighs...
this whole series just makes me happy, but I really, really love these two guys. 

(And you know what? 
I'm pretty sure there's going to be another two books added to this series...
an m/f novella and then the final m/m book.)

But if everything stays on track, I should be releasing this book in early March.


Self care...
I don't think I'm alone when I say that the last week has been kind of rough. Everywhere I turn, there's something negative about our world. I don't know about you, but I don't like living in the negative. So, I decided to combat it at home with some self care and lit my salt candle lamp. 
Salt candles are supposed to have all kinds of healthy benefits from increasing energy levels to cleansing toxins from the air. I don't know how much stock to put in all that, but I did feel calmer today for having lit this while I worked. I think it's going to be part of my daily routine for the foreseeable future. 


Favorites for the week...

planner page:

I adore that sentiment. It speaks to me.
You can check out the rest of this week's planner pages and what I've been reading every night on my Instagram page...HERE.

favorite book I read:
Hot Licks by A.M. Arthur
m/m/m
I just finished it. In fact, I haven't even finished writing my review of it yet. But this book was hot and sweet and emotional. I give it an A. It releases January 7th.



Friends...

I'm flat out not a person who connects to other people very easily. But I am lucky in that I have an incredible little circle of friends who I know I can count on. Today I'm going to pimp out two of them...my writing accountability girls....Amanda Shofner and Kelly Apple.

I meet with these girls every week...online Monday nights, we talk goals and writing accomplishments. Every morning, we do writing sprints (which I've been sorely lagging on lately). They are both so talented and blow me away with all that they are doing...and this week, they both had some new things happening. 

Amanda announced her new FREE writing course...
Click the bar above to follow the link or here is the web address...
*****

Kelly released the first book in an all new series...
I'm dying to read it, and that cover is hot, hot, HAWT!
Amazon ...only $.99

Living on the outskirts of society suits Will Quinn just fine. He’s one of the last of his kind and he’s grown weary of being the boogie man to the humans who dare each other to check out his presumably haunted cabin.

When a small group of humans from the local college show up to interrupt his solitude, Will is determined to run them off. He never expects a pretty coed to see right through his glamour to the heart of the man beneath.

With tensions rising in the monstrous community and the danger of being revealed an ever-present threat, Will must make a choice: Guard the secret of what he is or let the spark that is smoldering between him and Kaitlin become a full-fledged burn.

Warning: This book contains a man who’s much more than a Wisp. Not all monsters are created equal and Kaitlin’s about to get the type of education she never dreamed of.
******

So, that's it from me this week. I hope you're having a fabulous week and are reading something good as you head into the weekend.
smiles,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment