Friday, June 1, 2012

Sprinting into June...

I probably should be scared at this point. Normally, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on what I am doing any given month, but today is the first day of June and I can already tell, this month is going to be manic. I may just need a spa retreat for a week or two if I make it through. So, what's happening?

Camp NaNoWriMo...i.e. WRITE 50,000 words in a month. *eeks* I haven't managed that kind of pace since NaNo in November. BUT my goal is to have the first draft of Operation: Endeavor finished by July 1, which is about 48,000 words from where I'm at now. I've spent the last two days plotting the last half of this book and am ready to dig in and write. I just have one section of the story that I haven't figured out how to tie up yet...hmmm.




 

Operation: Endgame.... I need to do one more final read-through on this book, then send it to my proofreader. Then it's done and time to get it printed and formatted for both printing and e-book publishing. This all needs to be completely done this month so I can start sending out ARC (Advanced Reader Copies) to the book reviewers.




 

My Book Review Blog- *ack* Who thought this month was a good time to sign up to read and review 23 books?!?! OMG, my review schedule is going to kill me this month, especially on top of everything else I have going on. Instead of writing for the last two days, I have concentrated on reading trying to get ahead on this. So far, I have 5 of those 23 reviews done. (pst, if you don't know about my book review blog, you can find it HERE)




 

Celebrating 20 Years- also this month, dh and I celebrate 20 years of marriage. We're going to take a mini romantic break, dump the kids at my parents house, and head to the mountains. Think he'll notice if I come to bed with my laptop?? hehe....



So do you have any huge plans for June?? I'll definitely keep you informed on how I progress on all mine! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment