Good morning, everyone!!! I adore Top Ten lists (Smexy has the best one every week) so I thought that with the new blog, it might be fun to incorporate them here. So here is my Top Ten for this week! And yes, I realize it's Friday, but this will start to be a Tuesday post within the next week or two. hehe.
10. I read between 7-10 books a week. Every week, I will include my favorite from the last week. This week's favorite is One Small Thing by Piper Vaughn and M.J. O'Shea. This is really sweet m/m romance. Two completely unlikely heroes and I fell in love with their story. You can see my review of it HERE.
9. You know, I'm a writer. It's funny. I just booked a photo shoot to take an official author photo and the photographer told me to bring 4-5 outfits. What??? 4-5?? I asked her if different colored t-shirts count because that's pretty much all I wear (I sit at a computer and play with my 5 yo all day.) She said, "No." hmmm, I'll have to figure that out. But it got me to thinking about my rainbow of t-shirts and I have a new favorite... Merona Amethyst Tee from Target
8. And even more exciting...I found some nail polish that matches it perfectly... Sinful Colors Purple Diamond.
7. NaNoWriMo (Nat'l Novel Writing Month) is a month to write 50,000 words. It's intense. It takes place during November every year. But it works. November, 2011 is when I wrote Operation: Endgame. Well, in June and August this year they are holding Camp NaNoWriMo. I'm signed up for June and plan to finish Operation: Endeavor. I'm excited to start churning out 2000 words a day. It's been too long since I've been that productive.
6. Speaking of Operation: Endeavor, I wrote a really hot scene featuring Colton yesterday. I thought that merited another look at his character (just because I could look at his photo all day long...hehe!) Don't tell my dh, okay??
5. I bought a new purse for summer. I love it. It's bright, fun, and huge...it easily carries my kindle, notebooks, and a book or two without looking overloaded. You have to be prepared. You never know when the urge to write or read may strike.
4. My favorite Pinterest Pin from this week. I just love how sweet this is and their expressions. You can tell they're having fun!
3. We have a new obsession in this house. We cannot wait for Brave to come out...June 22nd.
2. *gasp* I just caught a glimpse of Jaci Burton's newest cover, Thrown By a Curve (book #5 in the Play-by-Play series.) Gah, this series has the absolutely HOTTEST covers...and the books are good too!!!
1. It's Memorial Day weekend this weekend in the US. My husband spent 20 years in the Air Force and know first-hand how tough it is. Don't forget to remember those who've sacrificed everything....
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!