Friday, February 2, 2018

Friday Five...on Saturday.

Sorry this is a day late. I woke up yesterday with a headache along with chills and body aches, so I just didn't have the energy to get the final touches done on it to post.


Some days call for FUN shoes...
Last week I talked about dressing up even when I'm not going anywhere. #1 this week is along that same line. Tuesday I didn't have anywhere to go. Last year that meant I'd wear yoga pants and probably not wear makeup. 

Not this year. 
This is how I perked up my Tuesday. 


I'm telling you, there's nothing more fun than wearing fun shoes...just because.
And it does wonders for my posture all day long which affects my self-confidence and overall feeling of well being. It's a big circle. If I look pretty, I feel better, even if I'm the only one who sees me. I highly recommend you pull out your pretty, fun shoes the next time you're just hanging at home. 

(I get more done on these days, too!)

Writing report...

This week was the end of the first month of the year and I have positive things to report on the writing front. 

My goal for the month was to write 60k...mission accomplished!
I wrote 60,176 words. 

I officially finished the first draft of When Love Comes Back and sent it to my editor Jan 31.

And I wrote the first half of the book planned for release after that called Guarded Desire.

For those of you keeping track...
When Love Comes Back is book #5 in the When the Mission Ends series. This one is a second chance at love story featuring Felicia Parks, the veternarian who saved Sam the dog at the end of When Love Intrudes. Her hero is the new wing commander at Vandeman AFB in Terravista, NM. I've had so much fun going back to the military and our Air Force roots in this one.
It's just over 85,000 words.
It's a m/f romantic suspense.
And I love Felicia and Gage.

Guarded Desire is the first book in a new series called the NM Protectors. It's too far out from release to get too much into it, but this book features a bodyguard hero having to protect a college coed from a creepy, obsessed stalker. I'm having so much fun writing these two...it doesn't even feel like work when I'm writing them...and that's the best feeling!
I predict this one to be about 60,000 words
It's a m/f romantic suspense/ new adult.

And on the horizon is a whole lot more including When Love Surprises, my surprise next book (#6 for those keeping track) in the When the Mission Ends series. I hadn't planned this one, but the story arose out of When Love Comes Back and I'm dying to write it. So, I'm going to try my best to over-write my goals for the next couple of months so I can slide it into my writing and release schedule. 
more details to come...
on all of these books!

Eagles vs. Patriots...
Who's your choice? 

Confession... We don't watch much football around here. I could get really into it if I watched it, but hubby isn't a fan and I honestly don't have time...so we don't...watch it.

But we do always watch the SuperBowl...just because it's such an event.

That being said, both the teams I wanted to win in the playoffs lost that last week...so...
I'm cheering for the Eagles. 

Other confession: We decided a couple of weeks ago that we would splurge during the SuperBowl and order pizza. I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to more...the game or the food. LOL.

PIZZA FOR THE WIN!

Recommended Reading...

Indecent Exposure by Tessa Bailey
I like to tell you all when one of my favorite reads goes live. Indecent Exposure was released this week and it was definitely an A+ read for me. If you're like me and enjoy reading a good wounded hero, Jack was to die for. Raised in a brothel (contemporary although that sounds historical), Jack thinks he's good for one thing and one thing only...sex...and the sad thing about that is that he doesn't even enjoy the act after it's over because of his mental hangups left after his childhood. 

I loved this book so much and definitely recommend it if you like some angst in your reading. 


New Music...
I follow some amazing instagrammers. One of them is Max Emerson (Maxisms IG). He's in this video and I just fell in love with both the video and the song by Matt Palmer (MattPalmerMusic IG). I'm really excited for the entire album to come out (Matt Palmer...Get Lost...releasing March 9th) (I've preordered it off Amazon, but I know he has links to all the other retailers, too).



Have a great weekend, everyone.
And indulge in a little splurge of something just for you...whether it's a favorite food, read, or simply time. You deserve it!
smiles,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment