Thursday, November 14, 2013

An Author's Reference Library....

This household is made up of voracious readers. As such, our library has always been fairly eclectic, but as I look at my writer's reference library...and these are just the books that I'm reading for reference on books I will be writing over the next year...it occurs to me that our library is becoming more and more eclectic.



And this is just the library. You should see my google search variety! O.O The subjects cover police work, self-defense, motorcycle gangs, life in the music world, wicca, and GLBT. Lots of interesting stuff in all that...some I hope to infuse into my writing along the way.


BTW, a quick writing update. Currently I am working on first drafts of two novels:


1. THROUGH THE VEIL....this was slated to be released Nov/Dec. I'm pretty sure that timeframe is going to slip back. This book is the first in a seven book paranormal romantic suspense series so it's very important that I get all the groundwork laid out right for the whole series. I am so freaking excited about this book and series. I've plotted and have titles for all SEVEN books and am itching to write ALL of them NOW! LOL...but I have several other series to work on right now too.


2. SNOWCROFT LOST....this is my NaNoWriMo novel (50,000 words in the month of November) and is my full length m/m romantic suspense. So far, the writing on it is going REALLY well...it's at 20,000 words this morning.


Other books coming soon:


3. RIGHT BY YOUR SIDE...the first book in the Martin Ranch series. Romantic suspense featuring Scott Martin (paramedic) and Skye (country western singer). This book hasn't been started yet, but is slated for May, 2014 release.


4. MUDFLAP UNDERCOVER...book #2 in the Mudflap series...this time our spies are going undercover into the motorcycle club world (several of the research books up there). This book hasn't been started yet, but is slated for August, 2014 release. Like with book #1, all the proceeds will benefit the Lubbock, TX Red Cross.


*************


I do have one more release coming out this year. A short little m/m Christmas novella from Decadent's 1NS series called THE CHRISTMAS TOP. I don't have the exact release date yet, but it should be sometime before Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. Hello there Christi. Wow, it seems like you've been busy. That's impressive you're working on a novel you wrote for Nanowrimo. I have heard a few women write for that contest but I've never met someone who continued to finish their novel and put in the extra 20K words to finish it. Great job! Your library looks awesome too.

    ReplyDelete