Saturday, May 19, 2012

Final Editing stages



Today, I do my final round of deep edits on Endgame.

I have an editor, the extremely talented and insightful Sarah Negovetich. She's been so incredible about pointing out the small holes in my book. I finish patching those today.

I feel like I've said it so many times already, but it is truly almost complete. After this, I will read through it one-three more times just to make sure everything flows correctly and that I am not missing words. Then I will send it to my proofreader.

Then the true fun begins...the self-publishing or as Catherine Ryan Howard calls it, Self-Printing. This is daunting. You hear the horror stories about how awful it is to do this part especially for e-books. For this first book, I am going to try to do it all myself, but I have a feeling I will decide it's worth the $100 to hire someone else to do this process for me. Hehe! We'll see....

But without a doubt, the best money I've spent (well besides hiring my incredible designer, Amanda) has been to buy Catherine's book on Self-Printing. Not only is it incredibly entertaining (and I rarely say that about non-fiction books), but it lays out everything you have to do during this process in simple basic steps that even I can follow....and I am so not tech savvy!



I am trying to take this whole process slow for this first book so that I make sure I do it right and that you all receive a quality book.

So the goal is still a September release date.

Besides the book takes place during Christmas. You need to read it when we are getting close to that season, right?? I promise, it will be worth the wait!!

smiles,

Christi

2 comments:

  1. Christi! This looks fabulous! I can't wait to snap it up when it goes live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Norah! I'm really excited. I love these characters! smiles....

    ReplyDelete