Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday Five...late, but still up!


Favorites...
This Tuesday is a HUGE book release day. I've been lucky in that I've gotten to read 'advanced copies' of some of the books. These are the ones that I've read that I've given 5-star ratings to...




Found At the Jazz Club...
This has been on my coming soon page, but I haven't officially shared the cover blurb for Found at the Jazz Club on here. This book was supposed to be a novella, but it ended up being a full length 50,000 word novel (the same length as Found at the Library). It's with the editor right now, so the release date is still tentative, but it's planned for a November 30th release.


Found At the Jazz Club Story Description:

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...or does it? 
Emily Hodges went to Vegas for her best friend’s wedding. She was NOT looking for a husband. Been there, done that, never doing it again. She has enough scars on her heart, and doesn’t need or want any more.
Brady Gresham went to Vegas to find his musical voice again. Instead he found an inspiring muse in the form of Emily. But right now his musical career is his focus. He’s too young to want or need to be tied down.
Somehow their drunken get-together turned into a wedding that neither one of them can remember or explain.
Waking up married was never part of the plan, but you know what they say about best laid plans...

The good news is that this book revealed the next Found couple...or should I say threesome. 
Yes, Found at the Rock Concert will be an m/m/m story.

All the writing news...

Just released:
***Intertwined Hearts***

***Smolder***.
..as part of the Children of the Night Anthology
(all proceeds go to the Rainbow Railroad)

***Snowcroft Restoration*** 
(November 15)

***Found at the Jazz Club*** 
(November 30)

***Shiver***
(December 8)

These months are really busy getting all these books out, so I hope you'll forgive me if I'm hit and miss on my communication. 

November is coming...

Which means NaNoWriMo is coming!
Oh my.
I have BIG plans.
Originally, I planned to write When Love Comes Back this month.
This is book #5 in the When the Mission Ends series. 10k of it is written. So, I need to write 75k in November. Yes, that's a lot. But it's VERY do-able. That's only 2500 words/day.

And I am absolutely still planning to do that.

BUT...
I also have other plans, too.

An aside...
I have a 10 yo daughter. Kat writes, too. About a week ago, she came to me with a tagline that was pretty much brilliant. It's an intriguing sentence, but wide open with what can be done with it. So, I asked her if she wanted to join me in a challenge for NaNoWriMo.

The challenge....
*we each will write stories to her tagline
*we're both planning our stories right now
*we will write (longhand in our journals) for one hour each night during the month of November
*we won't get to read each other's stories until the month is over.

The goal...we'll each have a middle grade novel when it's done (or close to one being done).
As an incentive, I got with my incredible cover designer (AMDesignStudios) and she designed us covers. So, my daughter Kat and I will be writing these books in November...
An additional note on my book...this is going to be an experiment for me, but it will also spread to adult novels, too, if I can make it work. (and that's all I'm going to say right now).


I love the creativity of this so, so much...
I saw this video last week and then downloaded the entire album...it's INCREDIBLE!
A completely creative and wonderful twist on The Wizard of Oz called Straight Outta Oz.


Have a great weekend, everyone!
smiles,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment