Friday, April 21, 2017

Friday Five...the procrastination edition...

The brutally honest edition of the Friday Five...


I've been bad this week. 
My motivation for getting anything done has been practically nil.
Seriously...bad.

So when it came to figuring out what to write on my Friday Five, I debated blowing it off...like I've done a lot of my work this week.

But then decided...NO! 
I would confess my sins and list the five things I've spent my time doing this week...


I may have spent a lot of my time with my nose buried in books this week. I'll be honest. Stories are my escape and this week I've needed that...no reason why. I just have.
(Note: these are books I've received lately that I haven't gotten around to shelving in my library.)
****


I have also spent several quality hours devouring the leftover Easter candy. 
Seriously, the Easter bunny knows better than to leave the leftover candy in my office. 
I've probably gained five pounds this week!

(Note: this is the interior of my ottoman in my office...no one has any clue that all the good candy is there, but me)
****


I've also wasted a lot of my days online...shopping, looking at books, reviewing, Facebooking. 
Serious time-suck right here.

****


Audiobooks...not the same as reading because if I'm good I will also multi-task and clean the house while I listen. 
Note: I haven't been good this week.
****


There have been a few moments where I pretended like I planned to work and opened my work in progress...before then going back to one of the above tasks. It's been a bad writing week, but I feel like I'm coming out of it today.

I hope your week was more productive than mine. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!
smiles,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment