Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Five...Holiday Edition (i.e. why it's late)


It's Friday Five time...
ahem, 
I see you looking at the clock. 

So, yes, okay...Friday Five time should have been several hours ago.
But, but, but...
Kat's out of school today, 
so I'm running a 'wee' bit behind.
*sigh*
I know, I know. 
This doesn't bode well for my summer productivity, does it?


Yay, it's ready...

Part of the reason I'm so far behind today is because yesterday, I did all the things.
Which included getting the pre-order up for Believe in the Wish.
The release is scheduled for May 11th.

Story Overview:
I buried my twin sister six months after she found out she had cancer. Her funeral was three months ago. Today is our birthday and it started with delivery of letters from her. 

It seems she didn’t trust me to move on after her death. She knows me too well. But how can I go on when my other half is just...gone? That’s not something I can recover from with a snap of my fingers. But I also can’t ignore her instructions even though I’d be perfectly content to cuddle up with my buddy, Johnnie Walker, and call it a year. 

She has a list of things for me to do and there are rules attached. 

There’s one major problem besides the fact it’s been three months since I left the house. I have to do all these things with her jerk of an ex, Hawk Simmons. He abandoned her shortly after she found out she was sick. If that wasn’t enough to make this a really bad idea, the fact that he makes an appearance in all my nighttime fantasies probably does. 

I don’t think I can do this, but I owe it to my sister’s memory to try.

This is a stand alone contemporary male/male romance.
Preorder links:
(some of which will be coming up soon)
*****


A new music share...

by Machine Gun Kelly featuring Hailee Steinfeld
I'm a huge Hailee Steinfeld fan, so when I heard this song this week I had to grab it. 

This line right here...LOVE it so much!
But if you can't take me at my worst, 
you don't deserve me at my best.

(It's a good song. I like it a lot.)
*****


Recommended Reading...
I read this book this week and although my review doesn't go up until next week, I'll give you a little preview.
I give this one 5 stars!

It's a great book...a lot of fun involving a fake relationship and an awesome heroine!

A Charmed Little Lie
by
Sharla Lovelace

Story Overview:
Charmed, Texas, is everything the name implies—quaint, comfortable, and as small-town friendly as they come. And when it comes to romance, there’s no place quite as enchanting . . .

Lanie Barrett didn’t mean to lie. Spinning a story of a joyous marriage to make a dying woman happy is forgivable, isn’t it? Lanie thinks so, especially since her beloved Aunt Ruby would have been heartbroken to know the truth of her niece’s sadly loveless, short-of-sparkling existence. Trouble is, according to the will, Ruby didn’t quite buy Lanie’s tale. And to inherit the only house Lanie ever really considered a home, she’ll have to bring her “husband” back to Charmed for three whole months—or watch Aunt Ruby’s cozy nest go to her weasel cousin, who will sell it to a condo developer.

Nick McKane is out of work, out of luck, and the spitting image of the man Lanie described. He needs money for his daughter’s art school tuition, and Lanie needs a convenient spouse. It’s a match made . . . well, not quite in heaven, but for a temporary arrangement, it couldn’t be better. Except the longer Lanie and Nick spend as husband and wife, the more the connection between them begins to seem real. Maybe this modern fairy tale really could come true . . .


Sharla is hosting a huge release party. I'll be there too. 
Come check it out on Tuesday...HERE.
*****


My favorite planner page...
I love this one simply for that butterfly. I love playing with watercolors and you can create some gorgeous effects with butterflies. Tis is my favorite all-time color combination.

You can check out the rest of my planner pages and what I'm reading each night on my Instagram page.

*****


Happy Easter!
I don't know about you all, but around here, the Easter bunny needs to get to work. I hope you have a great weekend with fun, friends, and family...

No comments:

Post a Comment