Peace in the chaos...
I don't normally get personnel with my newsletters, but this month, I feel the need. Like so many, my husband lost his job in the last few months. He is the primary breadwinner in our family. (While I'm lucky to be able to write and sell books, it isn't enough income to support our household.) No doubt, it's been stressful, but it's also been really nice to have him home.
We've been having fun. We celebrate 28 years together this month, so I feel like it's saying something that we can have fun together. That's a gift.
The reality is that if he finds another job, it will probably not be in our hometown. The kid and I won't be moving with him. There are a host of reasons why, but the most important is our 13 yo who is in a really good environment right now. That is also an important gift especially at that age.
So, I'm trying to enjoy every minute with my husband and we've been doing that by watching a lot of Netflix/Amazon Prime. We've discovered some fun shows/movies, so I thought it might be fun to share our recommendations...
- Our nightly fixation right now...
- The Last Kingdom (television series on Netflix)...We're loving this show so far. (We're on season 2 of 4 out so far.) We lived in England for 2 years when hubby was in the Air Force, so it's fun to get to see a somewhat fictional version of how England came to be from the perspective of the middle 800's AD.
- Movies we've recently enjoyed...
- Mr. Right with Anna Kendrick (quirky and dark humor);
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society (gorgeous, wonderful movie about a book club established during WWII to cover subterfuge in Europe);
- SALT (an old Angelina Jolie movie, but we both LOVED it...lots of action and twists):
- Late Night (Amazon original movie...was really pretty good and entertaining)
- Extraction (Netflix movie starring Chris Hemsworth...we both really liked it although it's really violent)
- Our escape from reality standbys...we have a couple of shows that we rewatch for escape...
- Gilmore Girls;
- Great British Baking Show;
Post a Comment