Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Five...OOPS!



Have you ever had one of those weeks? That's been me this week...dang, I'm exhausted. Every single day this week, my alarm has had to go off 2-3-4 times before it came even close to getting me up. (The week after spring break is always killer.)

Add to that, this week has been super busy (sent a book to alpha readers, sent a novella to an editor, applied final proofread edits to another book, did formatting on one book, AND am now doing a reread of the first draft of another book...and those were ALL different books...OMG!).

And today is hubby's birthday.

So in other words, I haven't had a spare moment to even think about my Friday Five list this week. Let me see if I can come up with something for you on the fly....hehe!

Who's waiting for Law's book? (Men of Snowcroft)
I wrote the blurb for it today...which means I'm about to start writing on it. OMG, I'm just as anxious as you all are about him. But you know what...I'm pretty sure his hero is more wounded than Law is...I can't wait to share their story with you. 

And I know...that was a huge tease, but just know...it's COMING!! 

My goal is to write it (estimating it at 80,000 words) for Camp NaNoWriMo in April. That's a lot of words, but I believe I can do it. I'll probably do a weekly report in on my word counts every Friday that month so you all can keep me accountable.


Writing a book set in Arizona?
That may be on the agenda soon. My oldest (who just went through Air Force basic training and is at tech school right now) just got his base assignment...Arizona. 



I'm pretty happy about this. He's a 10 hour drive from me and halfway between him and me is where my parents live (the real town that's the basis for Snowcroft). I see lots of fun trips out there in my future...and if it's done in the name of research, I have double the reason to go. 


A new favorite read...
Do you read male/male romance? If so, let me share my favorite read this week. 


This one doesn't come out until April 4th, but I highly recommend you preorder it. It was so good. And...shocker... this is a Carina Press book which is traditionally an ebook only line (with just a few exceptions.) 

For some reason this book made their exceptions list and I couldn't be more excited to be able to buy it for my keeper shelf. This is only this author's second release (her first one was really good, too) and she is now on my auto-buy list. 

My review won't be up until the release date, but I gave this one a huge five stars!!


How to party it up right when you live in a small town...
We live in West Texas in a town that has about 100,000 people. It's really a great town, but we've lived here for a while (almost 7 years) and feel like we've pretty much done it all. Last year our main source of entertainment...the bookstore...closed. So to go out and do something is kind of depressing as far as options. 

So tomorrow, to celebrate my husband's birthday, we're driving to a town 2 hours away that's slightly bigger. They have a bookstore (god bless Barnes & Noble) and good restaurants. Yes, we'll drive 4 hours round trip just for a decent bookstore. We are those people. 


Harlequin does it right...
This video cracks me up. I would have loved to have been in this bowling alley the night they filmed it. I love that publishing company...they're always doing fun things like this...plus they have some fabulous books, too!



Have a great weekend everyone! I hope you get to visit a bookstore near you, too.
smiles,
Christi

1 comment:

  1. That is the greatest video for the bowling alley, I would have loved to been there also. So cool/funny.

    ReplyDelete