Friday, March 30, 2018

Friday five....


A recommendation if you have a preteen or teen...
Somerset Studios puts out incredible magazines. They're pricey, but I feel like they are worth every penny. Buying one of these magazines is one of those little things that I do to treat myself.

Well, this week, we got the premiere issue of NEW GENERATION...Bella Grace.

It's the same style magazine as Bella Grace but for ages 12-18. 

I love the message behind Bella Grace and that flows throughout New Generation, too.

It's all about living a positive, beautiful life and making the world better for yourself and all those around you. It's filled with beautiful images, powerful text, and thought-provoking worksheets. 

There is so much negative energy in the world. I love seeing (and being able to buy) something to help counter that for my daughter. 



What do we think about this look???
I've only seen this look a couple of times, but both times, it really caught my eye and I debated whether or not I could pull off the look.

Wearing a dress or top as a duster style...
^^^The first time I saw it. ^^^
It was this look on LaurieBelles Boutique website. 
(which I adore...such cute clothes and shoes).
Her look is actually a dress that she's wearing as a duster.

Then I saw this one a few days later...
^^^This is actually a 'top' from Versona. ^^^

I don't know. I'm really liking the look on the models, and am REALLY tempted to buy both pieces. 
BUT am not sure I'd actually be brave enough to pull it off.
What do you guys think??

 Advise me...LOL

Something fun...


We lived in England for two years when my husband was active duty in the Air Force. During that time, we got to spend 36 amazing hours in Paris. Honestly, there is no other city in the world like it. I absolutely fell in love. 

So, when I had a friend talking about this book on Instagram, I had to go check it out. 

It's gorgeous. 
Part photography...
part sketchbook...
part journal...
It's all beautiful and just a fun book to sit down and peruse. 
I really love it.

A Paris Year by Janice MacLeod


A new favorite read...

Point of Contact by Melanie Hansen
You can find my full review with story blurb and buy links where I rated the book an A+....HERE.

I love a book that plays with my emotions. This one does bigtime. Coming from a military family...hubby is retired AF, son is active duty AF, the emotions hit me throughout the book...I cried tears in the first chapter and the last chapter and pretty much throughout...but it has a happy ending that I loved and definitely made the emotional journey so worth it. 

I loved this book.
******


Such a powerful rendition and video...
of This is Me by Shoshana Bean featuring Travis Wall.

Everything about this video...
the music...
the message...
the visuals...
So perfect!



Just beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment