Saturday, November 11, 2017

Friday Five on Saturday...



Veterans Day...
Thank you to those who have served.

My Vets...
Jacob was home last week for his holidays, so I actually just saw him, which I LOVED. We never have enough time with this kid. (It also gave me an excuse to put up my Christmas tree way too early...LOL. But we were celebrating Christmas with him. We couldn't do that without a tree. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

But another moment this week which was a bit bittersweet. Both of our vets missed this...
Kat was part of the veterans program at school, and neither one of them were there. Ben is working...out drilling a well (we haven't seen him since Thurs morning) and Jacob left the day before. She was so disappointed that they both missed it...but she did a beautiful job!
***

Speaking of Family...Our newest member.
For those that follow me on social media, you've probably seen a bit about the newest member of our family...Spot. We live in a somewhat rural neighborhood and have a ton of feral cats, so when this mostly white cat started showing up, we didn't really pay that close of attention. After seeing him for about a week, I realized he was starving though. I could see all his ribs and the full length of his spine. 

So, I started feeding him. 

At first, he was seriously skittish. He wouldn't let us near him the first couple of days, but he NEVER left the house. Then he realized we weren't going to hurt him, he became a bit insistent that he really wanted to adopt us. 
(him staring at me as I worked in my office)

Note: I already have two amazing cats who truly are perfect (for cats). They aren't destructive; they let us sleep through the night; besides getting terrified when something changes, they are pretty much perfect. They were also 4 years behind on their shots (they never go outside or are exposed to other animals and note the terrified above)...so I was seriously reluctant to take him in.

Well, after about 5 days, it became apparent that he wasn't going to give up and that he was no where close to a feral cat, but desperately wanted to be loved. Then one night he got attacked (when the vet cleaned up the wound, there were three puncture wounds at the base of his tail...I could only see one...and they were starting to get seriously infected), and with a weather change in the forecast, I called the vet to get all three cats in. 

So, this is Spot. And he's the sweetest, most laidback cat I've ever met. He's just a darling. Under a year old, I just can't get over how well he's settling in.

It didn't take him long at all for the other cats to accept him. This was the first afternoon that I let them interact. He was still feeling the effects from surgery and infection, while Rascal checked him out while he slept.


This was the next day when he was feeling a bit perkier and playing with Max, our other cat.
He's still battling some health issues. His stomach is a mess and he's on a couple of different antibiotics, but besides hating me for an hour every morning after I shove the foul-tasting medicine down his throat, he's just a wonderful cat. And no, he doesn't wake us up at night either. 
***

I missed last week...Fountain Pen Day.
Last Friday was fountain pen day and I had big plans for a huge post on here about my geeky love of pens and all things office supply. But my son was home...and I'm sorry, I love you all, but he took my priorities since I only get him for a few days a year now.

But I couldn't let the day pass without some sort of acknowledgement. 

I'll admit, I'm a new fountain pen fan, but OMG, I love them so, so much. There's just an incredible sense of elegance when writing with a fountain pen. As you can see above, while this may be a new interest, I've jumped into it fully. LOL...read that as obsessively.

(And you can probably tell from this photo that I have a thing for shades of turquoise blue...LOL).
The pens from left to right:
(my FAVORITE pen...something about the way this one feels in my hand is just LUSH)

And yes, I use almost all of them using different colors of inks...and some have cartridge inks in them and some use bottled ink. I haven't inked up the purple Lamy or the turquoise TWSBI, but that's just from lack of time, not will. December will be my month to catch up on all the little things I want to play with.

And in the background are my other obsession...Travelers Notebooks. 
These three are A5's from Chic Sparrow.
from left to right:
*A5 Maverick Classic (right now it's storing extra Leuchtterm notebooks)
*A5 Black Beauty Deluxe (this is where I'm writing my middle grade book...longhand... that I'm writing with my daughter throughout November)
*A5 Odyssey Athena Classic (this is my everyday/everywhere carry that houses my planner and calendar)

Maybe in December I'll find time to really share this new obsession and show you all my TN's. I just love them all so much.
***

A favorite thing...
It's been a while since I shared a favorite thing on here. 

Since we did all the Christmas decorating last week, I bought a little something for me at Michaels. I've had this lantern for a few years, but used it just for pretty, but then saw these twinkle lights at Michaels. They're on a timer...on 4 hours and then come on again 20 hours later. I love the sweet ambience/romantic cozy feel this tiny thing gives me.
(Psst, don't tell Kat, but one of her Christmas presents are three lanterns like this in graduating sizes (that are whitewashed though, not black) that we'll hang in the corner of her bedroom. I bought purple twinkle lights for hers. I think it's going to be so cool in my tween girl's bedroom!)
***

Coming Next Week...
Oh, and I probably should mention Ian and Law release next week (November 15th). I can't wait for you all to get hold of their story.


Snowcroft Restoration Story Description

Two years ago, Law Wyman went undercover for an FBI investigation that went sideways. It cost him both the love of his life and his sanity. The nightmare still haunts him, and so does some unfinished business...Ian Mayne, the son of the man who ruined his life.

Two years ago, Ian had to face the truth about how his father spent a lifetime torturing and trafficking LGBTQ teens. Ever since, Ian has done everything he can to make up for his dead father’s many sins through his law enforcement job. Too many paid in horrific, horrible ways at his father’s hands while Ian kept the truth about his own sexuality hidden.

Law is doing all he can to save Ian, but Ian doesn’t necessarily want to be saved.

Two men...both horrifically haunted by what happened. Is it possible they can find healing together? Only if they have the courage to face their demons and each other...

Trigger Warning: This is a hot story about two men who have both survived past abuse.



I hope you're all having a great weekend.
smiles,
Christi Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment