Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday Five for Feb 3



Good friends...


I adore my kindle keyboard. It's absolutely the best for organizing my books. 

Last week, my second kindle keyboard died. They aren't available anymore, so while I was devastated, there wasn't much I could do about it. 

This is where an amazing friend comes in....she had FOUR of these sitting on her shelf...and sent them all to me!!

OMG, so not only do I have a kindle keyboard again. But now I have backups. 

I'm so freaking excited. Now to order a new skin!

THANK YOU, F!! 
***



Little Splurge for me...


Hello, my name is Christi Snow and I'm a planner/journal junkie.

The first step is admitting the problem, right?
Hehe.
So, yeah, this week I bought a new traveler's notebook from one of my crafty buddies, Sav.
She calls them SAVdori's. I love it so, so much. I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. 

Right now it just looks pretty sitting beside my computer. 
Yeah, I know...I have a problem.
***


New Toys...


My prima watercolors. Okay, I'll admit it. I'm crafty, not artistic and painting has NEVER EVER NEVER been my forte. In college (I had to take a lot of fashion design classes for my degree...so I had to create lots of sketches and presentations) I figured out a cheat...watercolor pencils. You can color just like you do with regular colored pencils, then add water and tada...you have something that looks like you painted it without the real skill needed for painting. 

(Also note...water brushes (pictured above) are instrumental for creating artistic looks without the real skills.) 

BUT lately I've wanted to play more than I've been able to do with the pencils. Enter these paints...Prima Watercolors. Wow, I love them. They can be bright and punchy, but they can also be light with just a hint of effect. They blend wonderfully...and simply make me happy. I started out with the classics color palette which was more than sufficient, but this week splurged and bought two other of the palettes. Now I'm thoroughly spoiled for color choices. 

Little things that make me happy. 
***


Favorites...

This week's favorite read...
For Finlay by J. Nathan

OMG, I loved this New Adult sports romance so, so much. You can check out my review HERE. It's a heartfelt book about love and loss and recovering. SO GOOD!!

I highly recommend it!
***

My favorite planner page from this week...

Library cards and coffee paired up with my new watercolors...yep, this page makes me happy.

You can check out the rest of this week's planner pages and what I've been reading every night on my Instagram page...HERE.
***




Quality Time...

The last few weeks have been tough around our household. General missing of the Kid who went to boot camp a month ago...negativity about the election...it's all taken a toll on Little Bit. She's been having nightmares and generally not sleeping well. 

Thursday nights are skate nights just for her and me. We spend three hours at the skating rink. She skates, I read. But it would be impossible for her to skate for three hours straight. As a result, we spend lots of time sitting together chatting. I love our Thursday nights together...just me and her...talking about music, friends, events at school. Together time...there's nothing better.
***

That's it from me this week.
smiles,
Christi 

No comments:

Post a Comment