Thursday, December 5, 2013

Release Day for The Christmas Top!


A year ago, I was playing with the idea of writing an m/m (male/male love story) novel. I adore reading m/m, but have never actually written anything like that before. So Mia Downing challenged me to write a novella, just to test the waters. The below release is the result of that. I wrote it over Christmas break 2012 for one of my all-time favorite serial lines....Decadent Publishing 1 Night Stand.


For those of you not familiar with the line, Madame Eve runs the service for a 1 Night Stand. It's a matchmaking service and Madame Eve has somewhat mystical matchmaking powers and abilities to match people. An HEA is almost guaranteed although her customers rarely realize that's even a possibility.

 


For my story, she matched up two men that have a past together but never saw their match coming. I hope you all enjoy meeting Jason Wieland (pediatrician) and Mark Cummins (NFL Offensive Coordinator) as they find that One Night can lead to so much more.....


BTW, this is a novella and can EASILY be read in less than an hour. Perfect for the busy holidays.

 

Blurb for The Christmas Top


All he wants for Christmas…
It’s time for Mark Cummins to come out of the closet. He’s ready, but he’s never been topped. Asking Madame Eve for the one-night stand of his fantasies, he hopes she can grant his Christmas wish.

 

He’s a less-than-merry gentleman…
Jason Wieland’s life partner died in a horrific hate crime two years before and he hasn’t taken a lover since. He knows it’s time, and he reaches out to the 1Night Stand dating service to find the right man to light up his holiday. But when masculine, sexy, and extremely straight Mark shows up, he doesn’t know what to do. Is this 1Night Stand a cruel joke or has Madame Eve truly worked Christmas magic?



Excerpt

“Listen, you seem like a nice guy, but I think Madame Eve must have made a mistake here. I don’t think we’re compatible.” He started to stand, but Mark’s hand on his arm halted him.


“Wait. I don’t know what I did wrong, but I don’t think she made a mistake. I’m incredibly attracted to you.”


Jason lowered into his chair with a reluctant sigh. “So, you’re telling me you’re gay.” He winced. He hadn’t meant to attack the guy, but he wouldn’t be made a fool of, either.


“Yes. Why would you think otherwise?” His brows furrowed. “Why else would I be here?”


Running a hand through his hair, Jason tried to get a read off the other guy. Was he just bored and out to try something new? That couldn’t be it, could it? “Is this some sort of mid-life sexual experiment for you? Have you even been with another guy before?”


“I don’t know where you’re getting all this from. I certainly haven’t had this type of issue with other guys. Usually they’re fine with me wanting to hook up with them. What did you think this was? Madame Eve sets up one-night stands. I’m not looking for a commitment.” He narrowed his eyes. “You know what…never mind, I shouldn’t have come. I never should have accepted the invitation. Whenever something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I wish I could say ‘nice to meet you, Sidney,’ but unfortunately now I wish I’d stayed home for the holidays with my family.”


Jason didn’t miss the flash of hurt and disappointment on his face as he stalked away. Damn, that appeared genuine. A knot settled low in his belly. Had he misjudged the situation? He played back over the evening as he took off in a jog after Mark.




The Christmas Top is available at...








No comments:

Post a Comment